Wednesday 24 August 2011

More inspiration.



I'd already ordered an Aluminium Number board, albiet an oval shape, when I spotted this. A 100mm "Dominator" lamp will sit in it nicely. I've even found some nice billet mounting brackets for the number board, but at $40 a time, I'll keep looking for now.

 


I like the look of these drilled brake plate's



Nice short "underslung" Spannie on a DT based bobber. I've found an interesting pipe kit that allows you to make up a pipe to fit.


To quote AJS Motorcycles "Two Stroke Exhaust Kit. All you need to fabricate your own classic 2 stroke expansion chamber. Suitable for 250cc - 410cc. As used on our own Cotton replicas.
Each kit consits of:
1) Front bend. 2" Diameter.
2) Front cone.
3) Centre section.
4) rear cone.
5) Tail pipe (35mm OD ready to accept our STEALTH muffler).
All sections are seam welded. You just need to angle the sections and hold together with masking tape until you are ready to tack and weld" Sounds easy!



I'm still a bit loathed to start until I've got the paperwork back from the DVLA. The bike needed to be inspected - check the frame number was ok - which I've done, and they've located the bike, so should be all OK. Once I've got the V5 in my name, I can move a bit further. 


I've got all the parts to fabricate the seat, and lower and rebuild the forks. In fact, all I need now is a Tank and some rear dampers.

No comments:

Post a Comment