Saturday 20 August 2011

Fluid Engineering

Well, fluid in my thought's. 

My ebay sourced seat unit arrived. A nice bit of kit, and, seemingly made to fit the TS250 frame. Sitting perfectly over the rails, and married up to a cheap (as in a tenner, as in useable but in need of love) GT250 Fuel Tank also found on ebay looked pretty good. The tank will need some sheet metal work altering to fit perfectly, but that could have been easily achieved by grafting in a small section of the original ER Tanks underside. But, and it's a big but...................................


With the seat in place, the original bars dropped to give an idea of the seating position if fitted with some "Clubman" or "Ace" type bars, and my 6'2" frame (recovering from a prolapsed Disc) did not sit well on the TS250's dainty frame. Flat drag bars may help a bit, as would some rearsets - I kinda guessed where I thought my feet would end up, but concerned that I'll end up with a bike I cant ride for more than a few yards I need a re-think.


Wondering back to my thoughts about including some "Bratstyle" styling in the bike, the simple fact that I like "Street Tracker's", and the donor bike's off road pretences................................................

Clean and simple rump
and I like the use of number boards


even more so incorporating the headlamp unit

and I really like the idea of removing any factory airbox

Bratstyle seems to get it's influence from Cafe Racers, Bobbers and Trackers
Off to the Classic Jap Show at Knebworth today, mainly for it's Autojumble. I really need a fuel tank that I like as my starting point. The seat unit - if I go Bratstyle Tuck n Roll - has already been fabricated in the grey matter a dozen times, and the rest will be driven by the seat and tank.



No comments:

Post a Comment