Friday 16 May 2014

A bit of an update..............

For the forth time, I've re-fabricated the headlight bracket, lifting the final position, and pulling it back towards the headstock. Not clear from the photo's, but the rear mudguard has had to be modified a bit, just to get it repositioned, and the airbox has been changed slightly. I cut up a fiberglass front mudguard (made to mount on the fork legs on a Sports Bike or Cafe Racer. I'm still not sure if I can run the bike without one, so it's a quick fix for an MOT and will be coming off. Handle bar controls are next. They're on, but I need a kill switch, a wiring sub harness, and, well loads more. The Gunnar Gasser I picked up is missing it's top. I've either lost it, although I don't remember taking it apart, or it came without one. A penny washer I had fits perfectly, and I've found somewhere that stocks genuine spares, so I'll get one ordered eventually.
A sort break from building now. Work, followed by a trip to Santa Pod next weekend, followed by work, and more work.








2 comments:

  1. Hey Tim, I just stumbled across your blog and its a really interesting read! I just picked up a TS185 that I'll be setting to work on in the next month or two once my Hilux is at a suitable stage.

    Glad to see you're still making headway even with the engine issues etc, she's looking great.

    I have a question about the article you mentioned that lists other bikes whose forks would fit this bike and I'm wondering if you could post the whole link. I'm definately going with fatter, sturdier more modern forks and a disk front would be a massive bonus.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I have a PDF document that lists models by fork diameter. Send me an email straightspeed@hotmail.com and I'll attach it by return. Tim

      Delete